Introducing: The DJI Osmo Pocket II

Pardon the kitchen counter! This morning I charged up my DJI Osmo Pocket II and battery handle to start taking some test runs with it. I may edit something together with that footage, as nonsensical as it is. 

In the photo at right, you see my small backpack and the gear bag. To the far right on the counter is the handle/stick with the cradle for the Osmo and the clamp for the iPhone, which serves as a monitor. Just to the left of that is the camera itself, with its "hood" on to project the lens. 

Every time I put the hood on it, I think of a hawk.

Nestled into the gear bag are cables, the microphone and its accessories, and the SD and microSD cards and card reader. The photos below show the gear back packed and closed.

By the way, the entire camera, microphone and accessories package was generously supplied by a local filmmaker, my friend Nate, who sold this to me for far less than I would've paid on Amazon or any other used camera outlet. Filmmakers supporting filmmakers!

It took me almost two months to figure out what backpack and gear bag I wanted for this adventure. I tried and sent back two packs and at least one gear bag (not counting the bag I already had at home).

Next up:  Hiking with the fully packed assembly plus everything else I'll have with me. I've been in "training" with extra walks in extra hilly terrain. That's all for another blog post!




Comments