Location Location Location! The itinerary is (mostly) set

I've finally locked in the piece of my itinerary that was giving me the most trouble:  finding a place to stay in the Seosan/Dangjin area where the shrines in Haemi and Solmoe are located. 

This morning I booked two nights at a traditional Korean house (hanok) in Seosan called Gyeamgotaek. I booked on Expedia and got a discount (아싸!). I'll just have to work out how to get around that area; I suspect it will be a combination of taxi (very cheap in Korea) and bus (also very cheap).

I'm happy to present an overview of my itinerary with a map to help you visualize where these places are. Note that I haven't marked every single place I'll be going; these are the general areas where I'll be traveling and staying. Please note that so far I've been able to book everything on Expedia. I may have to use other apps once I get to Korea, but for now, I'm extremely grateful this is working!

9/17 - 9/18:  Flying into Incheon 

9/18 - 9/23:  Seoul and environs (Myeongdong ECO House). The pilgrimage routes are listed here.

9/23 - 9/25:  Seosan lodging for Haemi and Solmoe martyr shrines (Gyeamgotaek). I'll write more on these places of pilgrimage soon.

9/25 - 10/1:  Ulsan for pilgrimage sites; possible overnight trips to Daegu and/or Busan for pilgrimage sites; visiting my friends where I used to live in Namchang, a village south of Ulsan.

10/2: Back to Incheon; overnight at a hotel (Mr. KIM Guesthouse)

10/3:  Fly out of Incheon for DTW and then ROC


Comments