June update

The website has been up for about a month, which itself seems like a dream. May sifted through like fine flour without a trace. June has been more reasonable in the passage of days, but July is nevertheless coming up quickly on the horizon. 

June strawberries! Delicious! 맛있다
Today is the longest day of the year, the first day of summer. At the next turning of seasons, I will be in Korea, making my pilgrimage and my film.

Much of this month has been spent reading about the martyrs, going deeper into who they were and what they did. I continue to be impressed and humbled by the level of commitment and sacrifice they were willing to endure for Christ.

In the coming weeks, I will be writing up some short bursts to lead you through the beginnings of the Church in Korea and the four major persecutions, as well as highlights of the martyrs we call on by name. There are now 103 canonized saints and 124 blessed who will be canonized -- but these are among the over 10,000 martyrs in Korea.

This Sunday, I will be going to Mass at St. Andrew Kim Korean Catholic Church of Western New York in Buffalo. I've made a couple of connections with them online for the purpose of assisting me with information and support for the pilgrimage/film, and for Korean language practice. I hope to make some new friends, and I'm greatly looking forward to it!

On another note, I found out this morning that I did not get the grant funding for which I had applied. There were no reasons given in the general form email I received, but they did offer anonymous feedback if requested, and I have requested that feedback. Their next cycle will be opening in August for the fall.

This means, however, that I am more in need of individual donations to help me make this a reality. If you are able to give even a small amount, it will go a long way. Take a look at my Funding and Budgeting page for details on the budget and what I've raised so far. 

Don't forget to let me know what prayer intentions you would like me to bring with me on pilgrimage!

Thank you for your prayers!

Comments